Here are the instructions:
1. Go to http://syntaxhighlighter.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Styles/SyntaxHighlighter.css, then perform a "select all" and "copy". The css information is now in the clipboard.
2. Paste the css information at the end of the css section of your blogger html template (i.e., after
3. [Updated March 25, 2009 to include closing script tags] Before the
tag, paste the following:
Feel free to remove lines for languages you'll never use (for example, Delphi) -- it will save some loading time.
4. [Updated to add final /script] Before the
tag, insert the following:
5. Use the "Preview" button to make sure your website is correct, then click "Save Template".
6. When composing a blog entry that contains source code, click the "Edit Html" tab and put your source code (with html-escaped characters) between these tags:
For performing the HTML escaping, you can get a good list of tools by searching for 'html esaper' or a similar term. Here's the one I used while writing this post.